The folding rotary tillers Tiger 280P are HC (High Clearance) machines: they are characterised by a wide gap between the blades and the bottom of the main frame. This feature allows to avoid soil build-up effects even in difficult conditions (on sticky soils or in case of abundant crop residues) as well as to limit the required horsepower and therefore the operational costs.
1) The central frame is a critical feature of all folding units. That’s why Celli has developed a special heavy-duty central frame which has no rivals in the market. Its design ensures a long-lasting high resistance to torsional stress and consequently a top-quality performance of the drive gears.
2) The structure of the two side units is equally sturdy and extremely tested.
3) The drive gears have been long tested under the most different working conditions, since most of them derive from the highly successful Celli rotary tillers series Tiger 190.
4) An exclusive feature of Celli folding rotary tillers is the very small gap (5 mm wide) at the centre, between the two side units, which was specifically designed to avoid a typical problem of folding machines: the track which is often left at the back on tilled soil, due to the central gap between the two side tillers. Furthermore, the machines are equipped with two front, well-shaped tines, which help to till and shift the soil sideways.
5) The rotors have undergone extensive field-testing in the most difficult working conditions all over the world.
6) The rear rollers are generously dimensioned – cage rollers: 500 mm, packer rollers: 550 mm, so that they can guarantee a regular work and a perfect levelling effect even on wet soils.
7) The rear rollers adjustment is carried out through four hydraulic rams, which allow to vary the working depth directly without interruptions.
8) The tailgates are specifically designed to allow a wide range of adjustments and to ensure an ideal performance of the machine on all soil conditions.
9) The standard machines are equipped with a hydraulic tailgates adjustment, through which the soil refinement level can be easily controlled during work. This adjustment system includes a spring shock absorber.
10) Like all Celli folding machines, this model is fitted with safety stop valves on the hydraulic rams, in order to prevent it from falling over, when folding and unfolding the side units, in case the oil pipes collapse.
11) When the unit is folded, the safety clamps automatically lock the machines upright. When the operator needs to unfold the tiller, the safety clamps can be hydraulically released from the tractor seat.
12) Double flanges and thicker blades can be mounted on request on the rotors. They are particularly useful when the machine is operated on stony or extremely hard soils.
13) The Tiger 280P is equipped with III cat. swinging arms, which ensure the rigidity necessary to safely manoeuvre the machine both on the field and in folded position on the street.